Reinstating Drivers License After DUI In Delaware
Reinstating A Drivers License In Delaware After A DUI
In Delaware after getting a driving under the influence charge your license will be suspended or revoked. You can apply for a reinstatement once the license suspension or revocation period expires. If your license has been suspended you can apply to have it reinstated. If it was revoked you will have to take the driver’s license test in order to regain your driving privileges.
Requirements For Driving Privileges Reinstatement In Delaware
1. You must be able to prove that you have completed the Alcohol Education Program, First Offenders Program or comparable program. the agency where you took and completed the course will send proof to the DMV.
You will have to pay a $125.00 fee, a $25.00 reinstatement fee if you license was suspended. If it was revoked you must pay a $143.75 fee.
2. If you have been convicted of a second or third offense DUI you will be made to install an Ignition Interlock Device for a period of time determined by the court. This device will have to be on any vehicle you drive whether it be your personal vehicle or a business owned vehicle.
3. If your BAC was above .15% you will have to a Character Background Review.
4. You will have to undergo a Delaware Evaluation and Referral Program within 30 days of being referred.
5. Once all this is completed you can submit your reinstatement application and fees at any Delaware DMV.
Contact A Delaware DUI Lawyer
Contact Delaware Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers MurrayPhillips to discuss your rights. Our Dover, Delaware criminal defense law office can be reached at 302-697-2499. Our Georgetown, Delaware drunk driving defense office can be contacted by dialing 302-855-9300. You can also email Sussex County DUI Attorneys MurrayPhillips.
MurrayPhillips handles all DUI defense, DWI defense, traffic violations, juvenile defense and criminal cases in Kent County, Delaware and Sussex County, Delaware including: Smyrna, Dover, Milford, Harrington, Millsboro, Milton, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island, Laurel, Delmar and Seaford.
MurrayPhillips also specializes in defending non-Delaware residents who have been charged with DUI in surrounding states such as New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia.