Reinstating Drivers License After DUI In Delaware
Reinstating A Drivers License In Delaware After A DUI
After getting a driving under the influence charge, the state of Delaware will suspend or revoke your license. But, you can apply for reinstatement once the license suspension period expires. However, after the revocation period expires, the state requires you to take the driver’s license test before regaining your license.
- You must prove that you completed the Alcohol Education Program, First Offenders Program, or comparable program. The agency where you completed the course will send proof to the DMV.
- However, you must pay a $125.00 fee, a $25.00 reinstatement fee for a suspended license. Also, you must pay a $143.75 fee for reinstating a revoked license.
- After a second or third offense DUI, you must install an Ignition Interlock Device on any vehicle your drive. The court determines the amount of time you must use the IID.
- For BAC above .15%, you will have a Character Background Review.
- Also, you will undergo a Delaware Evaluation and Referral Program within 30 days of referral.
- Lastly, after you complete the previous steps, you can submit your reinstatement application and fees at any Delaware DMV.
Contact A Delaware DUI Lawyer
Contact Delaware Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers Murray, Phillips & Gay to discuss your rights. Contact our Delaware drunk driving defense office by dialing 302-855-9300. Also, you can email Sussex County DUI Attorneys Murray, Phillips & Gay.
Murray, Phillips & Gay handles all DUI defense, DWI defense, traffic violations, juvenile defense and criminal cases. They serve Kent County, Delaware and Sussex County, Delaware.
Murray, Phillips & Gay also specializes in defending non-Delaware residents who have been charged with DUI in surrounding states such as New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia.
Our Seaford Office is a satellite office and is open by appointment only
No Drop-offs or Payments