DUI Lawyer in Harrington, DE
Harrington, Delaware, located in Kent County, Delaware is home to the Delaware State Fair. It is also home to one of the three casinos in Delaware, the Harrington Raceway & Casino.
Many times people may indulge in alcohol consumption while in Harrington, Delaware. While that is fine and perfectly legal provided you are over the age of 21 you may be at risk of being arrested for DUI if you operate a motor vehicle while being above the legal blood alcohol content limit of .08 and are pulled over by the police.
A drunk driving charge is a very complicated and expensive ordeal that can change your life for a very long time. It also brings with it very serious legal and administrative consequences.
If you have been charged with driving under the influence in Harrington, Delaware it is a good idea to work with a skilled, experienced and qualified Drunk Driving Lawyer.
DUI Defense Attorneys Serving Harrington Delaware
If you have been charged with DUI or DWI in Harrington, Delaware please call the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay at 302 855 9300 or 302 697 2499. Or, you can email a Harrington Delaware Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer here.
By retaining a skilled Delaware Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer you will sleep better at night knowing that your rights will be protected.
Common Drunk Driving Crimes Taking Place In Harrington, DE
Contact the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay if you need any of the following:
- Juvenile DUI Defense Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
- Driving While Intoxicated Lawyer
- Subsequent Offense DUI Defense Lawyer
- Buzzed Driving Defense Attorneys
- Intoxicated Driving Defense Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Lawyers Serving 19952
- Out Of State DUI Defense Lawyer
Consequences of a DUI Delaware
Given the consequences of a DUI conviction, you should never plead guilty to drunk driving charges without talking to an experienced defense attorney. Get the best DUI Defense attorney in Delaware, call Ron Phillips today.
All the below information is on top of your trial, so you definitely need a good lawyer to defend yourself from these charges. DUI penalties increase with each offense.
- First DUI Offense: 0-6 months prison, $500-$1,500 fine, license suspended 12-24 months.
- Second DUI Offense: 2-18 months prison, $750-$2,500 fine, license suspended 24-30 months.
- Third DUI Offense: 1-2 years prison, $1,500-$5,000 fine, license suspended 24-36 months.
- Fourth DUI Offense: 2-5 years prison, $3,000-$7,000 fine, license suspended 60 months.
- Fifth DUI Offense: 3-5 years prison, $3,500-$10,000 fine, license suspended 60 months, class E felony.
- Sixth DUI Offense: 5-8 years prison, $5,000-$10,000 fine, license suspended 60 months, class D felony.
- Seventh DUI Offense: 10-15 years prison, $10,000-$15,000 fine, license suspended 60 months, class C felony.
Learn more about the consequences of a DUI in Delaware.
How A Harrington DUI Defense Lawyer Can Help You
A DUI arrest is more than just a traffic ticket in Delaware. It has serious long-term consequences. A DUI conviction can impact your life on several levels such as personal, financial and professional. You will face fines, court costs, loss of driving privileges and attorneys fees. If you cannot drive to work you may risk losing your job and source of income.
Also, depending on your criminal history and or prior DUI convictions you may face jail time.
Work with a Harrington, Delaware Drunk Driving Attorney to protect your rights throughout the entire legal process. In addition, having an attorney on your side will ideally help your case by achieving the best possible outcome.
Other Traffic Offenses in Harrington
While traffic offenses may not seem like a big deal, you may need a lawyer to protect you from outrageous charges and fines. If you plan to challenge a traffic offense in Harrington, contact an expert Criminal Defense Lawyer to ensure that you avoid excessive fines or points on your license.
Traffic offenses you may need a lawyer for:
Call A Harrington Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
DUI Defense Lawyer Ronald D. Phillips Jr. has a wealth of experience handling all types of DUI charges, traffic violations and criminal cases throughout Sussex County and Kent County. Call the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay for everything from a traffic ticket to a complex DUI arrest.
If you, a family member or loved one have been charged with drunk driving in Harrington, Delaware please call the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay at 302 855 9300 or 302 697 2499. With their many years of experience, Mr. Phillips and Ms. Murray will do everything necessary to effectively protect your rights, your driving privileges and obtain the most favorable outcome possible.