Recieved a DUI, Now What Do I Do?

I just received a DUI. What should I do?

First, you should speak with a reputable criminal defense attorney immediately. It is best to call to get an appointment with an attorney within the first 48 hours after receiving a DUI. Do not wait until right before your initial court date to reach out to someone. The Law Office of Murray, Phillips & Gay offers a free consultation with Criminal Defense Attorney Ron Phillips. This can be done in person or via a telephone conference if you live out of town.

Second, you must review all the paperwork you are given thoroughly. The Delaware Division of Motor Vehicle paperwork acts as your temporary license throughout your case, and it expires within 15 days of receiving it. You will need to request a hearing with the Division of Motor Vehicles within that time period so that the temporary license does not expire. This pertains to non-Delaware residents also.

Mr. Phillips has over 25 years of experience handling DUI cases in Sussex and Kent County. He will review your case and discuss with you what can happen with a DUI and how he feels is best to handle your situation. He will work hard to get the best outcome for your situation.

Know how to get the most out of your consult by reviewing our blog post on consultations

Scroll to Top