Telephone Scam Warning
The Sussex County Sheriff’s office warned the public about a telephone scam where the scammer claims the recipient of the call missed a court appearance and a warrant for their arrest has been issued.
Please do not fall for this scam. The Sheriff’s office does not call or email people to collect funds, fees or fines.
The Sussex County Sheriff’s Office provided the following tips to anyone who encounters such a scam:
- Try to obtain the caller’s name, a physical address, and a telephone number, as well as the name of the organization represented;
- Do not give sensitive or personal identifying information, such as Social Security numbers, bank account numbers, passwords, addresses, or dates of birth;
- Do not give any money, and do not agree to any terms or conditions;
- Hang up and directly contact the agency in question to verify any claims;
- Contact local law enforcement to report any suspected scam.
If, however, you are served with a subpoena or have a bench warrant for your arrest, don’t go it alone. Contact a reputable criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. Learn more about subpoenas and bench warrants. We can help you with any crime you have been accused of, guilty or not guilty. Simply contact us to get started.
Contact A Delaware Criminal Lawyer
Call a criminal defense if you would like to proactively resolve your Delaware bench warrant. The Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay will fight for your rights and attempt to limit or minimize the consequences of your pending charges. Email a Defense Attorney now.
The Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay has offices in Georgetown, Seaford, Dover, and Wilmington, Delaware to serve you. The Wilmington and Dover, Delaware criminal law office can be contacted by dialing 302-697-2499. The Georgetown and Seaford Delaware criminal defense office can be dialed at 302-855-9300. Contact Delaware Defense Attorneys through email.
Julianne E. Murray and Ronald D. Phillips are skilled attorneys in the Delaware area. Their practice encompasses many cities in northern, central and southern Delaware. If you are looking for an attorney, the Law Offices of Murray, Phillips & Gay can help you.